Wednesday, October 3, 2007

First Baby Purchases

For those of you that know me, I LOVE to shop. So, I've been a little shocked that I really don't LOVE to shop for baby things. I've walked into several baby sections of several stores...and time after time, I walk out with nothing! I can't seem to actually make a baby boy clothes purchase without someone else there. I think I'm still trying to adjust to the fact that baby boy clothes are just not as cute as all the girly stuff. And I hate to admit it, but I didn't realize til now how much of a girly girl I am! I LOVE the little bows, frills, lace, and EVERYTHING! Looking at the boy stuff in comparison is just a little "different" for me.
But I am happy to announce I made my first couple of purchases. Below are the onesies I bought but I couldn't find a picture of the little denim bucket hat or the little baby blue and white sneakers I bought either:o(. Oh...and I've discovered I LOOOOVE baby shoes! :o) I could seriously buy shoes, after shoes, after shoes for our little man. But Jack makes me restrain myself. He says all he needs are his everyday shoes, workout shoes, and church shoes and that's all the baby needs too. We'll see about that. ;o) Oh, and it's really cute, but you can't see on the green one it says "You make me drool." :o)





Anyhow, another discovery I've made is that baby stuff is EXPENSIVE! Yes, you can all laugh at me now and say, how did you not know that. And it's not like I didn't know that...but buying things for a baby and seeing how little my bag is that I'm walking out of the store with was shocking for me! I feel like I get soooo much more when I spend the same amount on me...given my clothes are triple the size of a baby onesie, eh? :o) But yes, I'm trying not to have too many anxiety attacks about how expensive things are going to be, so if any of you have any good advice for making baby purchases, I sure could use them. :o)

6 comments:

Aurelia said...

This post made my day.
Thanks so much for sharing.
It really makes me feel part of your experience.
Miss you & LOVE you!!!

Kecia said...

Kid to Kid, ebay auctions and buying stuff online (with promotional coupons), and friends who give you used stuff makes everything cheaper. Also, you can always have friends or family go together for shower gifts for larger items. I honestly have bought 2 outfits and a crib set (and I made the curtains for Emma's room), but other than that I am holding out to see what I need after my baby showers. Its expensive, but just remember, you don't have to HAVE everything that babies r us says you need! Talk to a mom (like Cammi) and get the low down on what you REALLY need.

Brandon and Natalie said...

I had the exact same thoughts as I was shopping for Hyrum! I was so in love with all the girl things. Also, like you mentioned, baby stuff is expensive and they don't wear them long. Good luck!

Emma and Dan said...

Don't stress over clothes: wait until your baby shower and you can buy the rest to fill in the gaps. Plus, there is always good stuff at consignment shops and sales. I buy everything at least one season in advance. I just went to Old Navy and bought some clothes for Elena to wear next spring and summer off the sale rack.
The clothes are the fun part. What is really stressful is picking out and buying the big things: stroller, car seat, bedding, etc.
I'm so excited for you and Jack! I loved the belly shot and getting to see the ultrasound!

Kecia said...

Time for a new post girly!!

Anonymous said...

I also love buying shoes for Kayla! She has SO many pairs. I especially love her first pair of skater shoes; Etnies, which I bought her this year... they're adorable!