Thursday, October 11, 2007

Feeling the Baby

At my monthly appointment this week, the doctor asked if I had been feeling the baby more. My answer was uhhhh...I'm not sure....?? She assured me that I should start feeling the baby more and more. But in all reality, a lot of people have been asking me if I've been feeling the baby, and honestly, the way people describe it makes it hard to really know what I'm feeling going on inside. A lot of people describe flutters...but it doesn't really feel like that to me. What I "think" is the baby feels more like little bubbles kind of popping, or even gurgling. But it seems like week 22 is the magic week, because I can finally say I feel an actual BABY pushing or kicking now. Actually, on Saturday, Jack even felt it cause our little boy kicked so big. And during lunch yesterday right after I ate my lunch, little baby Madsen was going crazy and kicking up a storm. I even SAW it!! Not like it was like a foot pushing through, but the vibrations of the baby's movements made my shirt move! :o) So, I'm pretty excited now that I can finally answer, YES, I CAN feel the baby! :o) And it's pretty darn exciting too! So, signing out for me and baby, it's a big thumbs up for us right now. I'm feeling good and I'm hoping all this kicking and moving means baby Madsen is feeling good too. :o)

3 comments:

Kelli said...

What cute pictures of the little madsen! I love the thumbs up! I'm soo excited for you and I'm glad he is moving a little bit more now!! Feb is coming oh so soon. =)

Kecia said...

YEAH! That's exciting that you are finally for sure it's him moving around. I bet what you have been feeling as gurgling is him. Just wait a few more months and you'll get quite the tummy display. I swear there is a circus going on in mine sometimes!

Angela said...

Wow! Yay! I love baby movements! And I can't believe how good your ultrasound photos turned out. They're so clear and you can really see him so well. I'm so excited for you guys! I was at work the first time I felt Morgan move and it was so weird and exciting all at the same time. Sounds like you've got an active little one. Can't wait to see him!!!