Thursday, October 18, 2007

Baby Naming

My sister sent me this funny article with all these sites to go to for naming your baby. I thought this one, Baby Names, Etc. was quite funny. It takes you through some questions and from your answers, it gives you the names you should name your baby. Where in the world did someone come up with this? How does your favorite pie and colors come up with a baby name???
Anyhow, I thought it was funny and here are the names that got generated from my preferences:
GIRLS: Calissa, Caralisa, Chantal, Darianna, Fabiola, Gabriella, Laraine, Makayla, Uma
BOYS: Antonio, Chauncey, Daryl, Gabriel, Judd, Lucus, Romeo, Stone, Theodore
UNISEX: Avery, Cameron
Even better, this site even has a baby name generator that if you don't even care, you just push a button and it'll give you some names to name your baby. Wow, wouldn't that be a story to tell your child..."um...yeah, I just went to the Internet and pushed a button that magically told me the name you should be named." ;o) Funny stuff!
Hey, but at this point, that may be what Jack and I have to resort to if we can't figure out a peaceful way to resolve whether or not we're having a Jack Enoch Madsen the Fifth or not.
Interestingly enough, I also looked up my name on the Popular Baby Names registered with the Social Security Administration and it told me that "Bernice is not in the top 1000 female names for any year of birth in the last 20 years." But that's the way I like it! :o) I like having a unique name and I'm glad that my parents gave it to me. Anyhow, if you couldn't tell, baby names are definitely on the mind. :o)

5 comments:

Aurelia said...

I'm glad you liked the article!
I thought it was pretty funny myself.
Love ya! TGIF!!

Anonymous said...

You totally have to name him jack the V, you can't stop a train once it's going, that name has already been going for 4 generations! You can't stop a train once it's going, for real!

Kecia said...

kay random question...you have a link to a friends blog named Emma...what is her middle name?

:D

Emma and Dan said...

Bernice- How can both Daryl and Romeo be in the same category? They don't seem very similar to me.
Hmmmmm...I wonder if "anonymous" could be someone with the last name Madsen? I feel for you with the whole baby name thing though. It's a huge decision - especially with a boy. He'll have that name FOREVER! No pressure. :)
Kecia- my middle name is Lenora (I'm named after my great-great grandmother).

Josh said...

Not being a fifth or the fourth or the third or even the second, I've have always thought how much I wished I was. And while I am somewhatly named after my dad (my middle name is my dad's first) the only one that knows it is me and those that know what to call me when I'm in trouble. That's cool and all but to openly let everyone one know who you're named after, and when that includes four other men not just one, that's something to live up to. The train thing is a good thing especially when it's a fine built train of Madseness.