Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas in Calgary

Sorry for the long pause in posting...it's super hard to get on the Internet when we're at home in Calgary cause my parents are still on DIAL-UP!! So, we're back safe at home in Ohio, so I can finally get some fun pictures up. We had a wonderful time spending time with my parents and my little bro Ez. It's not often that the women in the Lau home are outnumbered by the men, but so it was this Christmas. Calgary had record lows, so to say the least, it was FREEEEEZING cold with lots and lots of snow. But we had a good time seeing some friends and visiting with family and shopping! :o) We hope you all had a great holiday break too.
It was hard taking Jaxon out very much cause he HATED getting bundled up.
He "looks" like he's smiling in this picture, but he's not. He was screaming and fussing that we put him in the hat and coat.
Jaxon learned how to wave when you say hi to him a couple of months ago
and he also has started "smiling" whenever we point the camera at his face.
It's pretty funny watching his expression change to what he thinks is smiling whenever the camera is aimed his direction. Most of the time he actually does give a big smile for the camera.
Jaxon got to try some new foods during the trip...thanks to Gung-gung. Here is my dad giving Jaxon his first taste of eggnog...a little too early for my liking...
But what can I say. Jaxon LOVED it and couldn't get enough of it.
This was one of the warmer days that we actually got Jaxon out in the snow...
...but we really didn't know what to do once he was in it...
Jaxon also learned how to climb up a big flight of stairs over Christmas. He could get up them just fine, but he couldn't get the going down part as easily. But he was so excited everytime he would get to the top of the stairs and look down at the big climb he had made.
Here he is at the top of the stairs waiting for us to take him down again.
Jack was trying to "teach him a lesson" and let Jaxon just be bored waiting at the top of the stairs without any toys or anything to play with so that he wouldn't go back up the stairs again. Didn't quite work. And he just looked so cute I just had to pick him up. :o)
For New Year's Eve, my home ward had a party and we got to do an early countdown with Jaxon and dance around with him. It was a lot of fun.
All in all, we had a FABULOUS Christmas break and we hope you all did too. If you want to see more pictures of our trip, click here.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Jaxon is getting so big! I love all his facial expressions! Emma has a fake smile too, it cracks me up everytime. And I've found that Grandparents have a knack for introducing foods that parents don't want introduced.

Ducky said...

My goodness, so many cute photos! And it's nice to see a picture of Jaxon wearing the sweater not crying and screaming, lol! Btw, love the red and grey striped sweater, where'd you get it!?

Rachel Holloway said...

What a great vacation! Sounds like Jaxon is learning so much and really taking off! :) I am so glad you got to be with family and have so many good times...

Welcome back!!

Dina said...

Sounds like fun! Jaxson is so cute!

Ashley Dawn said...

awwww, super cute. I'm so sad that we missed hanging out with you this year. Things just got SO hectic and we were all sick on and off... Sigh. I guess next time....

Aurelia said...

That's true about there being more boys than girls-weird! :) Thanks for the nice post & love the new blogware. You're so festive. Loved all the great pics!

Camilla said...

Well well Bernice. You survived your taste of Canada winter this year, eh? You have such a cute family. How fun to go to the New Year's party. I have fond memories of them... the chicken dance and all! I think I need your help doing my blog background!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Your little boy is so cute! He has gotten so big!

How fun to go home for Christmas! It looks like you had a great time.

Kelli said...

Jaxon is sooo darling!! I love his smile with all those teeth! He is soo big! I can't wait to see him!!

Alanna said...

Bernice, I'm so sad we didn't get to see you this Christmas! Did Ashley already mention that we all were sick at the end? Yes, I believe she did. In fact after we got to Canada, I only left my parent's house twice the whole trip...once for church...once for last minute Christmas Eve shopping. Pathetic!
I can't believe how big Jaxon is since the summer. I love the picture from the top of the stairs...it's so adorable! Is he one yet?