Monday, January 26, 2009

January Updates

Wow, January has seemed to just fly by. I can't believe we have to wait a whole other year now before Christmas again! Well, let's see, what can I report on. Jaxon and I have been hanging out lots as usual and we're still working on the walking thing, but Jaxon is just getting so much better at it and is choosing walking over crawling almost 50% of the time now. Jaxon learned this new trick in Calgary, but has continued to develop it here at home. Can you see him balancing on that toy there to reach something on the desk?
He is able to turn almost any of his toys over and use it as a stepping block to get him to where he really wants to go. He has climbed up on our end tables and almost to the top of the desk even. This little kid is truly a little monkey! So, along those lines, I decided to make Jaxon his very own little monkey. I found this monkey crochet pattern online and it really wasn't too hard.
I think it turned out all right, and best of all, Jaxon seems to really like it too!
In other news, Jaxon got a really bad cold earlier this month and was a MAJOR leaky faucet. Jack wanted to take a picture of his runny nose...so, here it is. :o)
Kinda gross, eh? My poor baby had such a hard time breathing there for a bit. But I'm happy to report that he is all better and back to his old self.
Oh, and last but not least, Jack and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary...a little late actually. We didn't really have a vehicle to use while we were in Calgary so we decided to just wait and celebrate it back here in Ohio. The night we went out was a major blizzard, so good thing the Olive Garden is just down the street from us. :o)
I can't believe it's been six years already! We've had a lot of accomplishments during that time and I can't wait for more to come. We've been learning so much from each other and helping each other become the people we need to be and I'm so grateful to have an eternal companion to go through this life with, through thick and thin, through hard times and good times, and through all the ups and downs life throws at us.
Here's a flashback to see how we looked when we got engaged and one of our wedding day.
Do we look that much different? :o)

10 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

BERNICE! Your talent just blows me away! I LOVE that cute little monkey. ABSOLUTELY adorable! And Jaxon is getting so grown up! WOW!

Congrats on the big 6 years. Time flies when you're having fun, huh?

Oh.,..total side note: I wondered what it would take to arrange to sing a musical number in church??/ My mom will be in town in Feb and we would love to sing together. Is there any way??

Dina said...

That monkey is AWESOME!!! You did a GREAT job on that! Congrats on 6 years! Jack looks like a baby in those pictures...

Ashley Dawn said...

well, I don't think you've changed at all, but that might be because that was the last time I saw you...haha. I am totally amazed by that monkey. Way to go. If it wasn't hard, you should go into business....

Cece Girl said...

What a cute little monkey...I love it. And no, you don't look different...just wait until it's your 12 year...now that's when things start going down hill.

Julie N. said...

I have to agree with everyone that monkey is awesome! Super cute! I also agree with Dina that Jack looked like a baby when you guys got married. Don't worry Keith did too, the only problem is that he still acts like one! ;)

Emma and Dan said...

The monkey is so great! You are amazing. You should make more and sell them or something. Jaxon looks pleased to have it. :)

Aurelia said...

great post-loved the pics-even the snotty nose!
ditto everyone else on the monkey!
can you make one for E? :)

Camilla said...

Yup, you're full of amazing talents. Waydago on the Monkey! How long did it take?? Don't you just love the leaky faucet?? And man, no space is safe anymore with Jaxon on the go. Kind of makes you re-evaluate furniture arrangements as you think of its step-to-step capabilities. Little babies can get pretty high!

Barbara said...

Okay that monkey you made Jaxon is adorable! You have talent, girl!

Lanenga Family said...

I love the monkey--it looks so cute, and the leaky faucet! :) Congrats on the 6 years, and hope you are doing well!