Saturday, October 15, 2011

September Catch Up

We were so lucky to be able to spend the month of September in Utah and see so much of our family. It went by so much quicker than I thought it would and we didn't get in half as much as I had wanted to or even see all the people we wanted to see.
But we did get in some fun things. Memorial Day we went out boating with Jack's parents out at Willard Bay.
Jack's dad took us around the lake for a bit and I loved it! The kids....not so much. :o) I think they were a little bit worried about the choppy water and getting soaked. But we sure did enjoy our yummy picnic Char packed for us.
All in all it was a great day being able to spend the entire day all together as a family.
We also celebrated the Chinese Moon Festival...although a little late, but better late then never. I introduced the kids and Jack and Jack's parents to some really authentic Chinese food, though I can't say I was all that capable. Cooking the food was new to me too, so I was lucky everyone was so open to tasting it.
Dorothy and I also made a trip out to Gardner Village for the first time. It was super cute and they had all their Halloween...and even some Christmas things out and it was fun getting the kids all hyped up for the holidays.
And last but not least, we were just so excited for family and more family. So fun for the kids to play with their cousins.
Utah, we miss you already!

3 comments:

Aurelia said...

What a nomadic summer you've had. So glad you guys finally got to experience Gardner Village! I told you guys we should've gone with me last time I was out there. Wish I could've been there. Can't wait to give you your moon cakes!

Melissa Ekman said...

You have been one busy family. Can't wait to see you soon. Love the pictures.

Char said...

We miss you too! I'm so glad you could spend September even if I had to work. I loved coming home to Jaxon and Mailee. I'm really missing them helping me get ready every morning. Big hugs for everyone!