Sunday, December 13, 2009

Philadelphia Trip

We went to visit my sister and her family in Philadelphia, PA last week to help Jack have a little more focused studying without us. :o)
Jaxon was AWESOME on the drive, and it only took us 7 hours to get there.
It was soooooo good to see Aurelia, Jon and the kids. The last time I saw them, I was in the hospital after appendix surgery and missing our family reunion. :o(
So, needless to say, this was a much needed visit.
Jaxon and Eli are only 6 months apart...and though you can't tell, Jaxon is the "older" one...even though all the kids were confused since Eli was the "bigger" one.
Here are all the kids-Eli, Zane, Zoe, and Jaxon.
These next set of pictures are hilarious. It's best to see them in progression as we tried to get a picture of Jaxon and Eli.
Jaxon screaming because he didn't want to sit still...Eli wondering what's wrong with him.
Jaxon about to deck Eli. Yep, Jaxon was definitely the big bully out of all the kids. *sigh* my son the bruiser.
Jaxon: Ok, fine, I guess I do like Eli.
I'm glad we did get ONE good picture of those two together at least. :o) Here's one of Aurelia with Jaxon. I can't believe this was the FIRST time that Jaxon and Aurelia had finally met!
And one of me and Eli...and same thing. The first time I've actually got to hold my little nephew.
Aurelia was awesome at showing me some sites and driving us to downtown Philly!!
We got to get some yummy dim sum!! I was sooooo stoked! It was really weird ordering in Chinese without my mom and dad there. Good for Aurelia for remembering the names of all the stuff we like. :o)
This was a pretty authentic Chinese restaurant and they had the tanks with the fish and other seafood swimming around so you could get it really fresh!
It was cool to visit a really big China town.
I don't really get that unless I go home to Calgary...which has been a little while.
Thank you Criders for showing us such a good time!! We miss you guys already. Everytime Jaxon sees these pictures, he just says Eli's name over and over. :o)

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

What a fun trip! I had no idea you had a sister so close out here. WAY fun to be able to have a little road trip to see her! :)