Monday, September 14, 2009

Potty Training News

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS LOTS OF POTTY TALK :o)
I don't know how or why I had in my mind that 18 months was the time to start potty training. I remember getting all geared up for it right before we left for Utah for summer break and we went and bought Jaxon a potty and I was going to get right to it as soon as we got home. But, well, the more I've been thinking about it, the more I feel like Jaxon may still be a little bit young...but surprise, surprise, Jaxon actually went no. 2 in his potty today. Now before we all start celebrating, I have to say, I kind of caught him with his pooping face and asked him if he wanted to go "poopy in the big boy potty" and I got him there fast enough that he got to "finish" in the potty. ;o) But still, I was pretty excited all the same!! :o)
While we were in Utah, I taught Jaxon to tell me if he was "poopy" when he pooped and he's been doing really well with that. He even tells me sometimes before he goes...but he's regressed a little with that unfortunately. But he did something funny the other day. I've been trying to teach Jaxon that "poopies" go in the toilet, so Jaxon went and threw his poopy diaper into the toilet! I guess I can't complain that he's getting it...a little bit, eh?
I'm sure we'll have lots more potty stories to tell in the near future. :o)

9 comments:

Melissa Ekman said...

That is awesome.

The Piepers said...

Nice. What a big boy! It would be nice to have success before your little girl arrives! Congrats! (I just saw your other post.) So happy for you!!!! It's so fun having two!

Steph said...

HAHA Congrats! Even starting off is a huge step! And I figure if they know when they're going, it's not too early :)

crystal carlson said...

That's cool! Sounds like he's doing so good--Jace isn't even interested yet :(

Kelli said...

HA HA! What a funny boy! I've been thinking about you lately and hope all is going well with the babe!! MIss and love ya!

Rachel Holloway said...

Way to go! It's nice to start tackling it--even if he is a little young. Anything is SOMETHING! :)

Aurelia said...

love it
keep up the great job-both you & Jaxon!

The Opdahl's said...

Awesome! Hey, Allie is potty -training too! We decided to wait until three....we hear it's the magical age. But, there are some kids that can do it earlier...that's cool if Jaxon is one of them! Note: If you want a good book about it, check out: "Toilet Training in less than a day." It has really helped Allie.
It's nice to not have to change two kid's diapers! Miss you!

Alanna said...

Good luck! 18 months...that's ambitious in my books! But it sounds like you're doing very well. I've never had real success pre age 3, so I REALLY admire all those moms who train pre age 2 or even just 2 year olds. It's so hard for me!