Friday, March 6, 2009

Sweeet-ness

It's been SOOOO nice having Jack home for Spring break and we've been loving just relaxing and spending lots of time all together. We headed over to Mally's Chocolates a couple of days ago to take a tour of their chocolate factory and see all their sweets. The tour was actually a lot of fun and since we went during a week day, it was pretty empty and the workers enjoyed waving at us and having Jaxon smile at them. :o) We weren't allowed to take pictures of the tour, but we saw this sign at the end of the tour and Jack HAD to get a picture of it. We had a good laugh about it. :o)
Jaxon is just walking all over the place now and enjoyed walking around the bright pink candy room.We got some yummy sweets from there...which actually weren't chocolate. :o) But they had super yummy sour candies.
We also went to the West Side Market in Cleveland. It's an AWESOME farmer's market type place with lots of vendors with TONS of yummy fruits, vegetables, meats, and sweets. We got a couple of things we needed and on the way out, a really nice vendor offered me a bunch of starfruits for a dollar. When I agreed and he started bagging it, he wanted me to buy another dollars worth and so was just loading more fruit into the bag. I told him no thanks, but he insisted, and so in the end, I got a HUGE bag of starfruit for just a dollar. :o) It was great!!
Starfruit always reminds me of Hong Kong and of my parents, so I've been loving having so many to munch on.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

That's so cool. I've never tried one before! I'll have to, if I ever see one anywhere!

Ashley Dawn said...

What a fun day!! I've actually never had starfruit. I'll have to try it.

Ashley Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McArthurs said...

Ahhh! Spring break, what a nice feeling huh? :) K well we totally need to hang out again, so lets do something this week. Oh and what does star fruit taste like?

Leavitt Family said...

Yummmm i love starfruit! There's a huge asian shop in west edmonton mall ( T&T supermarket) and i used to always get starfruit there to munch on:)

Camilla said...

I am SO jealous about those star-fruits! I have been CRAVING them for years now and can't ever seem to make it to an Asian foods store when they're in season!!!! Lucky lady!