Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fun in Michigan

We were excited when we moved out here to Ohio to find that we were now within driving distance to our good friends Chris and Rachel, who are living in Michigan. It's been a while since we've been out here and I FINALLY got a chance to drive out to visit with them. It was my first road trip on my own with Jaxon and I was a little nervous, but I'm glad I did it cause it was super fun. It's only a 2.5 hour drive, so Jaxon and I just hit the road and went to give Jack a little bit of private studying time :o). Jaxon got to play with Allie and Chris and loved every minute of it.
Here's Jaxon and Allie.
Jaxon loved being held by Chris. Chris is like 6'11'', so I think Jaxon thought it was an adventure to be up so high whenever Chris picked him up. :o)
Funny story about Jaxon and Chris. Jaxon used to say "mama" and "dada" all the time, but in the past month or so, he's just kind of stopped. The doctor said it's most likely because he's so much more focused on motor skills and functions right now that he's just not thinking about verbal communication as much. Anyhow, when we went to stay with Chris and Rachel, Jaxon all of a sudden decided to bust out with his "dada" to Chris...not Jack. But now that we're back home, Jaxon is back into the "dada" with Jack...but we're still waiting for the "mama" word to come back into his vocab.
Here's one of Rachel and I with our kids.
We didn't get a pic of CJ, Rachel's newest little one, but he was a precious baby and I loved holding a newborn again. Makes you realize just how big my own "baby" is now.
But thank you to Chris and Rachel for a fabulous weekend and we can't wait to do it again!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

how fun to go on a road trip to visit friends! i still can't believe how big jaxon is now - looks like you guys had a fun visit!

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

Hey! It's great to read about some of your adventures in Ohio. Especially since Wendy and I often think about what our life might be like in Ohio. We plan on applying to podiatry school this September. I decided to wait until after I take the MCAT, and be one of the first, instead of the last, to apply. Anyway, that would be awesome if we ended up by you guys!

The Opdahl's said...

Thanks for staying with us! We had so much fun. You guys are the best!