Monday, March 16, 2009

Recent Projects

I worked on a couple of crochet projects during the last two months...and no, these did not take two months to complete. :o) They were actually pretty quick 2 day or so projects.
The first one is this cute gray hat with a brim. I found the pattern online for free here.
I cheated a little with the brim and didn't do a double piece...but still turned out all right I think.
Next is this cute headband. I've been dying to make one since seeing all these cute little babies with such cute headbands at church.
It doesn't look quite as cute on me as it does on the babies...but definitely a cute fashion statement I think. At least it makes it so I don't have to do my hair. :o) Oh, and yep, this one was another free pattern found here. I just made up the flower myself.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! I love the gray hat, and the buttons make it so shic!

Rachel Holloway said...

You are SOOO TALENTED! I am amazed! I don't know if I would have the patience for this kind of thing. SOOO CUTE!

Dina said...

cute! Cute! I LOVE THEM! You are AMAZING!

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, I'm amazed by anyone who can do anything crafty like that. Especially just making up the flower by yourself. I'm VERY VERY impressed. They are SUPER cute!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

AMAZING! You never cease to amaze me, Bernice! I LOVE these! So chic:) So, Bernice! I am in love with the headband,, but seriously, the way you can! What a knock-out!

Nada said...

SO talented! As always. I am impressed that you use your time so wisely... do I do anything productive? nope.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are really cute, Bernice. Well done!

Holman Family said...

wow,soo cute! I love the hat!

Angela said...

I LOVE those! Wow Bernice, I've done crocheting before but NOTHING like that. I think I'll stick to my back and forth strokes of a scarf, I'm so so impressed. They're super cute. How's Ohio? How are you guys? I've been meaning to call you to catch up!

Steph said...

Wow! Those are both fantastic! Awesome job :)

Kevin + Marcy said...

Could I commission you to make some for me? I absolutely love them, Bernice. You've always been so creative. Nice work!

Bernice Madsen said...

Actually, yes, if anyone is interested in "commissioning" me to make something for them, just let me know. Feel free to email me @ jackandbernice@hotmail.com

Aurelia said...

Cute stuff, sista! You are one talented cookie. Are you on Ravelry yet? Find me on there. Love ya!

Ezra Lau said...

Wow! Those projects turned out really well! Kudos to ya!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Very cute! I think that they turned out great!

Camilla said...

See, isn't it wonderful to share your projects and accomplishments! It's so very encouraging!! You're wonderful sista and I look forward to seeing you this summer! You're fabulous!

Alanna said...

Nice work Bernice! I knit occasionally but I've never really figured out crocheting...but maybe I'll need to if it'll get me such cute stuff.

Cece Girl said...

so cute Bernice! I love it!