Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ohio Outings

So we have finally gotten to go out and take a look at some of Ohio and it is a really beautiful state. We quite like it.
First, Jaxon and I got to see a little bit more of the city that the school is at, Independence, and play at a great little park for a play date. Jaxon got to try out a swing for the first time and I'm not really sure what he thought of it. We never got him a swing to begin with, so he's not really used to the swinging action. He looked a little worried everytime I would push him away from me to get him swinging.
And on Labor Day, we decided to check out a little bit more of Cleveland area. It's so green and the weather has been really nice and we have BEACHES! It's weird thinking of these little parks off the great lake as a "beach," but it looks and totally feels like one. :o) The water is not way cold and the parks are really well kept by the city. Too bad the weather is already getting too cold to really enjoy it all that much now though. :o(
Here we are at Lake Eerie just outside of downtown Cleveland. You can see the skyline behind us.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute Template! I love the picture of Jax in the swing, he looks very CONCERNED! It looks like your are having fun back there! I think it'd be so fun to live in a new place and be able to explore everything from a new perspective!

Terresa Tew said...

Hello Bernice and Jack!! I love seeing your fancy blog and all of your cute pictures. You look like you are having a great time in Ohio. Jaxon is SO cute! Wish we could get our babies together to to "play". Ohio looks like a beautiful place. I'm glad you are having fun. We are thinking about you guys.
-Terresa

Rachel Holloway said...

It IS such a fun place, huh?! :) Glad you are getting out and about and really enjoying it!

Kelly said...

hey - a beach is a beach! cute pics!

Dina said...

Yeah for Ohio! Beautiful pictures by the way!

Holly and Steve said...

You're lucky you've got to do all that. It's so pretty here. You're family is so cute by the way.

Brandon and Natalie said...

How fun! It looks like you are having a great time in Ohio. I love the swing pictures...so cute. Hyrum didn't like the swing as a baby, it took awhile to warm-up to it, but now he loves them.

Barbara said...

Wow, your little boy is getting so big! He sure is adorable! Ohio looks like a beautiful place. We miss you guys! =)

Char said...

What a smart little grandson! Crawling already - soooo cute. I want to pick him up and give him a squeeze. I am glad you are having some fun. Love, mom

Char said...

What a smart little grandson! Crawling already - soooo cute. I want to pick him up and give him a squeeze. I am glad you are having some fun. Love, mom

Char said...

What a smart little grandson! Crawling already - soooo cute. I want to pick him up and give him a squeeze. I am glad you are having some fun. Love, mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Bernice,

You escaped without me having a forwarding address. I thought you were headed west, but now I find you in Ohio. Please send me an address so I can get you on my Christmas Card list.

Great pictures! You seem to be doing really well. Hi to Jack and your beautiful baby.

Wally (you know the email....
walter.etc.)