Friday, March 9, 2007

Starting a "real" blog

Ok, so I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the actual "customizability" of these blog sites. For those of you who don't know, I've been trying to keep our personal "blog" up to date on our home page (http://madsen.redeeze.com/news2.htm), but I've been told that it is much easier to actually blog on a blogging site, rather than kind of fake it on our home site.

Pros of our own site blog:
  • Well, first off, it's of my own design...which I think is pretty darn cool. :o)
  • I know how to actually read the html language on my own page.
  • I even figured out how to post movies and audio files on my site along with the pictures.
  • Hey, it's MY OWN site. :o)
Cons of our own site blog:
  • Ok, I have no idea how to set up a comments thingy so people can post comments.
  • My layout gets a little messed up every time I try to put too big of images or something weird.
  • Jack doesn't have access to it so he can never post anything...if he would ever feel so inclined to do...who knows, he might. :o)
So, what should I do?? I guess best thing is to try it for a while...but now I'm all torn because I have a lot of great blog entries on our home page, and I haven't even gotten started here...so, next time I want to put up an entry, where do I go? Here...home page...here...home page...Any thoughts? :o)

4 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Yay!! Welcome to blogland! You're so technilogically brilliant -- I struggle to figure things out on my email, let alone a webpage! I'm so excited to keep up-to-date on all of your guys' adventures!!

Bernice Madsen said...

Yeah!! Thanks for posting my very first comment on my very first "official" blog. I'm super excited to keep in touch too!!

Kelly said...

go with the blogger - everyone is doing it.

Kelli said...

I'm so glad you started doing this blog too! so fun!