Sunday, May 8, 2011

Belated Easter Post

We were able to head to Philadelphia this year to have Easter with my big sister and her family. One lesson I learned on our car trip...don't give kiddos chocolate. :o) Mailee was quite the mess when I finally stopped for gas and got a good look at her.
Unfortunately, so was her carseat and car...since she had somehow gotten chocolate over every single part of her, including her feet, and then touched everything around her.
It was such a nice break to visit with my sister and her family. Big, HUGE thanks to A, her kids and husband for helping out with the kiddos for the time we were there and even doing some extra babysitting so we could do a little shopping, and giving me a break from cooking and cleaning. :o)
Here's our family Easter pic...sadly without Jack. :o( It was tough celebrating a big holiday without him and we missed him dearly.
Here's a picture of my big sis and her cute family.
Here's the cousins--minus Mailee (she was taking a nap) waiting for the egg hunt to start.
Jaxon with his eggs.
Mailee with her eggs.
A's hubby Jon made an AMAZING Easter feast for us and we were able to enjoy a wonderful Easter holiday with fun, family, and reflection on the great sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Aurelia said...

It was so so so nice to celebrate Easter with you! Jack's loss was definitely our gain. Miss you guys so much already. But glad that you guys are all together again for right now. Loves!!!

Ezra Lau said...

cute pics!

Alanna said...

Bernice, can I just say that you look fabulous. I'm looking in the mirror thinking... "yep, you're definitely close to 30, Alanna--crow's feet are showing up" and there you are still looking as young as you did when you were 18, except a little more fabulous.
Oh, now that I write that, I guess you just had your big birthday a week ago, didn't you? Happy Belated!!! Love you!