Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October Happenings

Well, I mentioned a couple posts ago about Jaxon loading up his bed with toys when we leave him alone in his room for bedtime...and here's proof. :o)
I don't know how that kid fits in the bed too with all those toys on there.
Other October happenings of course included Canadian Thanksgiving! We love having an excuse to cook up good food and have a fabulous Thanksgiving feast, so that's just what we did with our fellow Canadian friends. :o)
I've also been getting to do so much more with Jaxon lately and I just can't believe what a big boy he is. He actually helps out with some cleaning and cooking things. He really enjoys helping me bake in the kitchen...which means I guess I better start baking a little more now. :o)
Jaxon helped me make some yummy banana bread muffins the other day.
And last, but not least, we got a chance to head to the zoo one last time before it got too cold and we got to check out the new Dinosaur park area they had set up. The dinosaurs were all electronically animated and moved around and made noises.
Can you see the little baby Stegosaurus in the leaves? :o)
We even got to ride on one. :o)
All in all, it was a wonderful day to go out and enjoy the little bit of sunshine we had in a break from the rain and yucky weather we've had the past little bit.

8 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

super fun! Glad you're having a great October!

Steph said...

How fun! And Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Aurelia said...

love it
thanks for all the eye candy

also, the new blogware looks good

crystal carlson said...

Jaxon is such a cutie & sounds like he's a really good helper too! I loved the picture of all the toys piled on his bed, that's too funny! Looks like you guys had a great time at the zoo--we might have to check out the dinosaur exhibit next time!

Susan Andrus said...

That looks like such a fun zoo for kids. Normally the zoo is not one of my favoite picks but that one looks great and kind of scary.
Aunt Sue

Cece Girl said...

I can't believe how big Jaxon is getting! We miss you guys!! and all his toys in the bed is hilarious...we love you!

leah jane said...

i just found your blog via facebook. yeah! hope you don't mind me stopping by. and can i just say i want to eat your son up he is so very cute!

Angela said...

Bernice you look so cute pregnant!! How are you feeling? I'm about ready to pop out of my skin - but not as bad as last time around. I can't wait to hang out with our baby girls!!! Any names? We're still debating... And Spencer has been interviewing at schools in Michigan, DC, Maryland, Tennessee...ahhh! We just don't know where we'll end up but I'm super excited. Drop me a line when you get a minute. Jaxon is ADORABLE!!!