Friday, May 15, 2009

Photoshop Fun

I've recently discovered the Pioneer Woman site and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I found her Photoshop Elements tutorials on there this week and decided to give some things a try. Don't laugh at these pics, I will freely admit I am a BEGINNER at this stuff, but I am just so excited that there are actually things I CAN do in Photoshop Elements. I had been so used to working with actual Photoshop at work that I was really kind of thinking Elements would never really work for me, but thanks to pioneer woman, I am finally realizing the potential of elements. :o)
Anyhow, here are just some fun pics of Jaxon.
Oh, and as I mentioned in my last post, here are some fun projects I've been working on. I've been very inspired from great websites over the past little bit. Almost all of these ideas came from the Make it and Love it blog.
This is a cute grocery bag holder that I was able to get some super fun material for.
Then I got to do some fun girly things for some baby showers. Made me want a girl soooo bad! :o) This is a little giraffe lovey...which can also double as a llama. :o)
And I even got to do some cute headbands. Shhh, don't tell Jack, but I totally tried them on Jaxon. :o)
I also made a little CD cover case to go over the visor in the car and a car trash bag. So, needless to say, I've been keeping up with my sewing skills. It's been fun to have more time to do some projects here and there though.

6 comments:

Ezra Lau said...

The Jaxon shots are great! The only thing I would say is to adjust the value and tone down the blown out areas a bit. Maybe under "Levels" or some other Brightness option. Nice stuff, tho.

Liz said...

Bernice, I'm such a bad friend! I saw that you commented on my blog almost a year ago and I don't think I ever replied. I just ran into your blog yesterday again and wanted to say hi! Your little guy is so adorable. What a cute family you guys are! And I'm so impressed with all of your projects. Your projects are amazing--I love to sew, but haven't found much time lately. You will have to be my inspiration to get some more projecs going. How did you make a cd visor? Did you have a tutorial to follow?

Happy to see you on your blog again!

Liz said...

Oh, and don't tell Dan, but I did the same thing and tried on the infant girl headbands I made a few weeks ago on our little boy. ;) Hey, gotta make sure they're the right size, right? :)

Aurelia said...

loving this post! *SO* glad that you finally got on board with PW! LOVE her! Love the great pics of that cute nephew of mine. ARGH-can't wait to meet him! Way to go on all your cute projects.

Kelli said...

My baby girl will be benefiting from some of Bernice’s amazing creations!! Thank you, thank you Bernice!! You are freaking awesome! I'm soo glad you and Jaxon came down to see me and help me. You did so much and I appreciate you so much! You're the best!...only 3 weeks until she's here!

Cece Girl said...

Wow! You're getting so talented in your sewing! Love your projects!