Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Birthday Fun!

Well, I turned the big 2-8 this past weekend and well, I don't feel any older. :o) We celebrated by going out to eat at Lonestar Steakhouse because we had a great coupon for a free birthday meal. It was yummy food and soooo nice to go out to eat.
Here are some pics from dinner. Jaxon was so excited to get out of the house and be with daddy for a bit. Jack's been super busy with finals so we haven't seen him as much as we'd like, but he's being a good student and we're so proud of his hard work.
Here, Jaxon grabbed one of the lemons from off the table...he was so excited he got it...and the fact that we didn't take it away from him. As good parents, we were willing to let Jaxon learn from his own mistakes...
Which happened when he stuck it in his mouth.
It was the perfect birthday present to go out to dinner.
I got some pretty fantastic presents this year from some amazing friends out here in Ohio. We have truly been soooo richly blessed to have met so many kind and wonderful people out here. Makes it just a little easier to be so far away from our families.
This gift was EXACTLY what I had wanted for a little bit now and I was sooooo excited to receive it.
It's been soooo helpful to have since I have started working on some more sewing projects lately...more pics in a later post to come...and I was quick to fill it up with my sewing essentials. I just LOVE this. Thanks again Melissa!!
Next came a pampering gift that was totally perfect for me--nail polish! Lindsey, you know me too well! :o) I love the bright, fun colors you chose. As soon as it gets warm, my feet are in sandals just about 100% of the time, so many of you know I ALWAYS have my toes painted in the summer time. :o)
This gift was a perfect addition to one of my end tables that was lacking a table topper and it's totally perfect for it. It's such a wonderful addition to our home. Thanks Laura!
On Sunday-day of birthday, Jack got up with Jaxon so I could sleep in and then made me a fabulous breakfast for lunch with all the works. It was sooooo yummy! Later that day, I got a surprise birthday "party" from Dave and Melissa. Dave made a scrumptious homemade, from scratch, chocolate cake and it was divine! I'm not usually a cake fan...but probably because all my cakes are from the box. It was such a treat to have a made from scratch cake and you could totally tell the difference. It was super yum!
Unfortunately 28 candles was too many for me to blow out and I didn't quite make it.
Thanks Char for the birthday card and gift...I'll let you know what I end up getting with it. And thank you, thank you, thank you to all for the well wishes. It was so nice to feel so special. Yeah for birthdays!!

8 comments:

Holly and Steve said...

Happy belated birthday Bernice! I'm sorry I missed it! I need to make sure I know when birthdays are. It sounds like you had a lot of fun:)

Kevin + Marcy said...

Late happy birthday, Bernice! I'm so glad that your friends showered you with birthday gifts and wishes.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Chica! I'm glad you were so well taken care of!

Rachel Holloway said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! What an awesome time!! And hooray for all those super fun gifts! WOW! So cute!

Julie N. said...

Happy Birthday Bernice! Looks like you had tons of fun and a nice break from the studying. One more week!

Aurelia said...

thanks for the post
we'll do it up right when you come to visit me in philly

Kelsey Sue said...

Happy belated birthday Bernice! It looks like you had so much fun!

Alanna said...

I totally thought of you on your birthday! Who can forget that May has 3 letters...May the 3rd! I'm glad it was a good one! Great picture of Jaxon and the lemon. I also love your new header. I wish you were here to teach me!