Friday, February 1, 2008

Nursery--but still a Study


We are only in a two bedroom apartment, so up until now, we've only had a study and a bedroom. With the baby coming, we've had to convert the study into a pseudo nursery...but without moving anything in there that is part of the study because we just don't have anywhere else to put things. And to say the least, after having lived together for 5 years now, Jack and I have accumulated a whole lotta stuff! So, I've been madly trying to figure out how to just "add" to the room to make it into a nursery while still have it function as the study that we need. And well, this is the result. Of course, my pictures only show the cute nursery stuff and not the overflow of things we have in the closet with the baby clothes and it's not showing the rest of the study that is still a study. :o) But the dresser is full and I think we have all that we are "supposed" to have to bring our baby home...now if only Baby Madsen would co-operate and come on time...:o)
P.S. If you couldn't tell, those are turtles on the wall...my sewing skills could use some help...;o)
P.P.S. We are also in search of a good pediatrician here in the Provo, Orem area, so feel free to give us some advice.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute Cute Cute! You MADE those? And the quilt too? I am so impressed Bernice! Your sewing skills are better than mine!

I've decided that I REALLY like our Dr. (Dr. Adams at the UV Pediatrics Clinic by Glenwood). He's really good with Emma and gave me a lot of useful information at her 2 month check up.

Bernice Madsen said...

Ohhhh, no, I can't take credit for the quilt. That was all my mother in law. Just the little wall hangings were my attempt at sewing. :o)

Aurelia said...

Love the nursery! Looks great.
My only suggestion would be that the lamp you've got on the changing table might not be the safest place for that.
Especially once the baby starts kicking during changes!

Alyssa said...

I have had many pediatricians, and Dr. Anderson in my favorite. He is on University Ave in the big building just north of Bulldog. It's on the left side of the street. He's part of a group called the Utah Valley Pediatrics. Melissa uses him also for her twins.

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're going to be a mommy! It all looks really cute! Well done!

Unknown said...

Hey Bernice! It's your cousin, Kaitlin! I love the cute bedding in the crib! How fun. You look so cute pregnant! I hope I can say the same someday! Not anytime soon though :) Well, best of luck with the delivery! Keep in touch!

Greg and Tammy said...

Bernice, this is Tammy Adams. Found your blog through the Tibbitt's blog. Hope that's OK. Anyway, congrats on the upcoming baby! When are you due? We just had our first one month ago. Little girl. You can check out our blog if you want to see pics. I'd love to stay in touch. The nursery is AWESOME!

Kelli said...

You did a great job with the nursery, now sweet little Jaxon will be warm and cozy in his new room! He is so adorable!!