Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Blogging Drought

Ok, so after posting my last blog entry, I discovered that I have not been very good at keeping up with my blogging since the last post before that was way early in May. So, I'm posting again to make up for it.
Just a couple of fun things to catch everyone up on... Jack and I got to go up to The Roof at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building early in the month to celebrate Jack's mom's graduation from her master's program. It was a wonderful meal and it was great to share the evening with the majority of Jack's siblings. Oh, and it was fun to get all dressed up...which leads me to a SIDE NOTE: So, the night we ended up going was also a prom night for some high school here in the Wasatch front. I have to say...WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NICE CLASSIC FORMALS? Honestly, I saw some HIDEOUS dresses...I mean, can you imagine a neon rainbow shmeared formal dress with black velvet accents? Oh, and we can't forget the fanny pack that one girl wore with her dress! I couldn't believe it. The 80's are soooo back in such a huge way and it's definitely showing in prom dress styles too.
Sorry, back to the real blog now...
Daddy was in town last week and it was great fun to have him around and it was even better to have a great excuse to see the family like EVERYDAY! I totally love hanging out with my family. They're the BEST!
We got to hang out in Salt Lake City and have dinner, walk around the gateway and then see an amazing hand bells show that was seriously cool. I think they had like 50 hand bells going all at once. Very neat.
And best of all I got to hang out with my nieces...seriously, I take so many pictures of them you would think they're my own kids! ;o) But here are some cute ones of Rachel and her adorable smile.

1 comment:

Nada said...

I didn't know R2D2 was in the family... he looks nothing like your parents...heehee