Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Calgary Flames...done already

I look forward to watching the NHL playoffs all year long. It's been pretty exciting the last couple of years since the two Alberta teams (My home team-Calgary Flames, and the "other" Alberta team Edmonton Oilers) have both made it pretty far. But this year has been a huge let down. Both Alberta teams are already out and I only got to see a few of the games because the silly American networks don't show very many games. A very disappointing seaon.
I'm kind of at a loss as far as what sports to watch now. College football doesn't begin for a while and I feel like I've lost my enthusiasm for the NBA since the great stars have left, and the ones that used to be some of my faves have kind of let me down in their off court behaviours. Well, I guess there are still "other" teams to watch in the NHL, but we all know it's so much more fun watching sports when you have someone, some team, or something to root for, eh? Hmmm...well, Real Salt Lake, the soccer team, has started up and they do have Freddy Adu now...so, maybe that might be fun. Or, I guess I'll just have to find some other fun things to actually go out and DO! ;o) I'm actually really excited that our good buds Kelli and Matt left us their tennis raquets for the summer. I plan to do a lot of that this summer. Who knows, I may have a hidden talent. I'll keep you all posted. :o)

No comments: