Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tender Moment

We had fast and testimony meeting today at church. We were sitting pretty close to the front and Jaxon saw his nursery teacher get up and bear her testimony and then saw a lot of children also get up and bear their testimonies. He then turned to us and said "I NEED to go up there!" Jack and I looked at each other and wondered whether we should have him go up to the pulpit. There have been little boys that have gotten up and just laughed or made funny noises in the microphone. But after several insistent "I NEED to go up there"s from Jaxon, Jack decided to take him up. Surprisingly, as soon as he got up to the microphone, he simply started talking. We couldn't hear everything he was saying, and Jack wasn't even prompting him to start off with. I did hear him say "momma and daddy" and he did close well, but it was the absolute sweetest moment today to see my boys up there bearing their testimonies. It helped strengthen my own testimony of the great blessing and power of families. Our children learn so much starting at such a young age, and we have such a great responsibility to teach them, and it was just a teensy nice pat on the back for us today to see how much Jaxon has learned. :o)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

that's awesome Bernice! I wish I could've seen it firsthand. You ARE great parents and good for you that he knows that much about testimonies! I hope that you are doing well.

Steph said...

Oh my gosh that is so sweet! It really says a lot about how much you have taught him and shown by example that he would want to get up there too. I bet it was awesome!

Rachel Holloway said...

What a special moment...
You will have SO many more... :) Something to look so forward to. You are clearly doing so many wonderful things as a parent...

crystal carlson said...

It was so sweet! He did so good & is such a cutie!

Cece Girl said...

So sweet. I love it. And you're right, there are so many reasons why God made families, but one of them was to increase our faith. xo

Char said...

That is soooo great! I wish I was there. When Jack was young he loved bearing his testimony also. He got up about every month.(He wasn't as young as Jaxon tho.) When he was about 12 years old, he started feeling too shy to get up.
But I was so happy to hear his testimony when he was young.

Aurelia said...

thanks so much for sharing this
way to go Jaxon!