Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Busy, Busy Clinic

We've been madly preparing for this baby now for so long and now that I'm in the last stretch, it kind of makes me frustrated to feel like at the clinic I'm at that I'm just one out of the bazillion women out here in Utah County having a baby. The clinic I go to is just soooo overbooked and crowded and I hate that they keep on bumping appointments, ESPECIALLY when I'm in the last stretch of it. I'm anxious to be seeing the doctor on a weekly basis at the time I set up with them and it's hard to not be able to count on one, even seeing your doctor, and two, even getting in for an appointment. Having a baby here in Utah county is definitely a different experience I think then having a baby anywhere else. It will be interesting to see how this process goes for the next one outside of Utah. On a happy note, Jack and I toured the hospital I'm delivering at and it's really nice and comfy looking and doesn't look anything at all like the other part of the hospital I had spent some time in over the summer...which was something I was a little worried about. So, our prenatal classes are over, our tour is over, our nursery is mostly set up. I think we're as ready as we can be...maybe...?? :o)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

We struggled with appointments too. Dr Young never canceled an appointment outright, but we always had to wait at least an hour to see him. He's finally stopped accepting new patients because he's so busy.

Good work on the nursery! Do you do the double mattress pad trick? Its been a lifesaver many times!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I LOVED my doctor. That experience of waiting more than an hour maybe happened once or twice, but she was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. Maybe it is because you are going to a clinic in Provo and I went to one in AF.

Anyways, congrats on making it this far in your pregnancy and enjoy your last few peaceful nights.

Jamie said...

I know how you feel. I started to schedule my appointments first thing in the morning or first thing right after lunch so they wouldn't be able to bump me. Well, I love these pregnant updates. You look so cute!

Aurelia said...

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.
I think it just may be that clinic?
I don't recall having such a hard time up in SLC w/Zoe.
Also, Jon loves that pic.
Hello, where are the pics of the nursery??? :)

Brett, Kelly, and Amber said...

We love you guys and we can't wait to see the little one! =) Love, Brett & Kelly

Anonymous said...

It'll be awesome! You're so cute pregnant.

Kelly said...

awesome pregnant pic bree - you are such an adorable pregnant woman! i really hope everything goes well for you and the baby - especially after last summer :(.

merrilykaroly said...

I know what you mean about being just one out of a bazillion women around here having a baby. Sometimes it's hard to feel special...

You're almost there!!