Monday, August 13, 2007

Recovery Update

Well, it's been 5 weeks since surgery and well...I'm still not back to normal or totally 100% yet...but I'm feeling not too shabby. Recovery has been taking a little longer than I would have liked...but it's going and I'm feeling stronger every day. It's just been hard though to see that the strong now is like being able to wake up, get my own breakfast, shower and get ready, before I have to lay down again for a little bit. I mean, strong before was doing like a 12 hour day of work, freelance, working out, running errands, etc, etc, etc.
Needless to say, maybe I HAD to have this so I could actually take a break, eh? ;o)
Either way, I'm getting mindlessly bored at home just "resting" but doing the best I can to actually rest so I can get better. And my two weeks of doctor ordered bed rest is up, so I guess I'll be heading back to work this week too...though there is no way I'll be able to do a full 8 hour day yet. Can't seem to stay awake and functional for more than 6 hours at a time right now.
But again, thank you for all your prayers and love and support. It is all so very much appreciated. Oh, and I finally actually got a picture of me at the hospital from my parents...and well, I'm happy to say I didn't look as bad as I had thought I did. :o) All I can say though is thank goodness I'm not like that anymore. ;o)
I'm sporting all the I love NY stuff sent from my little bro on his mission in NY, NY. Wow, and you can actually just barely see that tube in my nose that ran down to my stomach...which felt sooooo much larger to me since it was the bane of my existence while I was at the hospital.
But yeah...I didn't look thaaaat bad, did I? ;o)

3 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Hi Jack and Bernice,
Right before we left we heard about your appendicitis. I am sorry that you had to endure this right now. I had appendicitis when I was young and it nearly ruptured. Luckily we got to it fast enough and that was that. It is extremely painful. We have been thinking of you guys. Hang in there because soon you will be back to your normal life. The final recovery is the fastest. Say hi to everyone in Provo for us.

Kelli said...

Hey Bernicie I can't wait to see you! i hope you are feeling much better!

Kelly said...

so glad you are doing much better! glad to have you back in the action.